The faces behind the stories!

The faces behind the stories!
My little Loves.

Monday, September 6, 2010

Moments with Joe!


Each night when I put Joe to bed, he always says, "Wait a minute Mama, I have one more thing to say to you." Some nights I can tell he ALMOST forgets and I am just about out the door and he yells that real quick... but then, it hits him like a ton of bricks, he has to come up with something to say! ha ha ha

Last night, he had actually been pondering his "last statement" long before I walked out... but, it was still just as odd of a thought to hear... Joe said, "Mama, I wish an angel would fly over our table and fall, and die, so we can eat Angel Cake."

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

He thinks Angel Food Cake is really made out of Angels, so he assumed we had to have one die for that special treat!  Seriously cracked me up.

_________________________________________________________

This morning, when Joe woke up, he started telling me about his dream. I could not possibly remember all the details, but there was one thing that struck me funny. He mentioned getting into his seat in the car. I said, "Did you buckle your seatbelt?"... He said, "Hmmm, actually, I don't remember really SEEING my seat." I knew in that moment that he was really telling the truth (he has a tendency to make up stories)... The way he thought about it, I knew he had really dreamed all that because I know there are times in dreams when I just know something is happening, but I can't actually see it. That was a fun moment for me.

_________________________________________________________

The picture on this post is from the day of our "Dada Haircut." Joe was CONVINCED that he needed a haircut just like Aaron's. He loves to "Fuzz" Aaron's hair when he's home, and he's out of town for work right now... So, Joe told me, "Ok Mama, it's time for my Dada haircut because I miss him and I want to fuzz my hair to remind me of Dada." So, we went... BUT, Joe's hair is different than Dada's. Aaron's hair tends to kind of poof out and grows out of his head sticking straight up... So, super short hair works on him. With Joe, his hair is thicker, and it grows going down already. So, when you cut it super short, it looks like he doesn't HAVE ANY hair! I asked the lady to cut it pretty short and see how far I could handle going! lol It is as you see and Joe was UNHAPPY because it did not stick up like Dada's and it was not fuzzy like Dada's. I would not allow her to go shorter, as much as he begged! lol... I had him touch my hair and explained to him that he has some of me and some of Dada in him, so it'll never be exactly the same..... So, by the end of the day, he found a spot in the front "that is just like Dada's!" All is well with the world again!

No comments:

Post a Comment