The faces behind the stories!

The faces behind the stories!
My little Loves.

Monday, September 27, 2010

The little guy who broke our hearts today.

After last night's Snake shake up, we had a new "pet" this morning. The boys and I opened the garage to start our walk to Joe's school and found this little guy. He was strugglin for breath and looked like he was shivering. My boys' hearts were broken and they wanted to help him. Questions like, "Should we get cheese?" and "What does his kind of milk look like?" and "Oh yeah, he'd have to drink from his mom's back."

I told them, "How bout we leave him right here and I just know his Mama will come get him before we get back?"... and off we went. I tried to call my neighbor to see if they would "take care of him" before we got back... No such luck.  While Matthew was unaware, I picked him up with a paper towel and he started to try to get away and he was squeeking... since when did I turn so soft that I almost CRIED. sheesh!  He was placed somewhere off to the side where the boys wont see, and maybe his Mama really will come get him? I'll just think that way.  Honestly, I wish I had been tough enough for a "mercy kill" but I just couldn't do it.

So, my request of the Lord today is, "No more pets please." =)


No comments:

Post a Comment