The faces behind the stories!

The faces behind the stories!
My little Loves.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Joe, she is your sister in Christ.

I remembered something I was going to share with my little blog here...

Joe is having a hard time adjusting to school some days. Too much talking, too much talking back, too much not listening to instructions (he always tries to make his own way.)  The teacher is an awesome Christian woman (he's in a public school, but I found her on Facebook before the school year started and saw she was a Christian and requested her for Joe. I knew he'd need someone with patience! lol)

Anyway, before school started today, Aaron and I took some time aside to pray with Joe. When we were done praying, I explained to Joe that Mrs. Cameron is his sister in Christ. "What is that mama?"... I told him that she also has Jesus in her heart and everyone who loves Jesus is a big family with Him. It was a complete new concept to Joe and it intrigued him! ha ha ha  I told him, "You need to respect her as your teacher and follow her instructions, but you also need to know that Jesus is watching to see if you love her as your Sister." WOAH!!!

Turns out... he had a great day today! =) Who knows if the "pep-talk" helped any, but I think it was a great way for him to see that Jesus cares how he treats his teacher too.

No comments:

Post a Comment