The faces behind the stories!

The faces behind the stories!
My little Loves.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Joe: "Why Does God want to get blood all over himself?"

There are so many times that I think, "I need to put that on my blog"...but then 10 minutes later I have already forgotten what the great idea for my blog was and we're on to something else. There is a story, though, that has stuck with me and is totally sharable!

We were in the car the other day and I hear Joe say something about God being everywhere. Matthew says, "No, God is in my heart." Joe tries to tell Matthew that God is in our heart AND everywhere. Matthew WOULD NOT have it! He was sure God was only in his heart! He agreed to accept it once I stepped in and let him know it is infact true. :)

Then, Joe was sitting in thought for a minute and said, "Mama, why does God want to be in my heart if he has to hear *insert a 5yr old's version of a heartbeat sound here* all the time and get all wet with blood?"... I'm sorry, but I couldn't help it, and I laughed. Luckily, Joe finds enjoyment in humor and liked that he was unknowingly funny.

I said, "Well, God doesn't get all wet." He started by saying, "Why" and then (as I was trying to figure out what to do with this one), he said, "Oh, yeah, I know... it's because he's invisible!" ha ha ha

That kid and his brain are just amazing to me sometimes... but, I am glad he is getting smart enough to answer his own difficult questions! ha ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment