The faces behind the stories!

The faces behind the stories!
My little Loves.

Friday, September 17, 2010

Matthew, I'd like you to say Goodmorning!

As we're walking home from taking Joe to school, we kept passing people. I would say good morning, but Matthew stayed quiet. He's shy, and I understand that... but, I also want to teach him how to get past that in the right moments. So, this lady was further down the hill infront of us and I said, "Matthew, when this lady gets close to us, I'd like you to say Good Morning to her.".... "ok Mama." I thought about moments in my life when I knew something was coming that would push me out of my comfort zone. I was imagining his little mouth swallowing hard and his heart racing just a touch... I wanted a picture to remember his moment of growing through the shyness.  As she got closer, he did say, "Good Morning." Unfortunately, she was not the most happy of a morning person and Matthew didn't get a really fun response, but he felt proud of himself.

Next, came a lady completely across the 4 lane street and Matthew yelled, "GOOD MORNING!"... Luckily, the lady smiled real big and yelled GOOD MORNING back at him. Now, he's unstoppable with his morning cheer! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment