The faces behind the stories!

The faces behind the stories!
My little Loves.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Fun Trick for Wearing THEM OUT!

This is one of the few pictures you will see with the playroom clean! It usually has toys everywhere. That day, Matthew and I had cleaned it all up while Joe was at school. When he got home, he was excited to build this "tower." When it was built, they were in goofy/hyper moods, so I wanted to wear them out. I got a bag of fruit snacks. I sat on the couch next to them and said, "Joe, you need to run around the tower 5 times, counting outloud. When you get to the fifth time, come see Mama and guess which hand is holding a fruit snack!"  So, he did...1....2....3....4....5.... WRONG, "Now you have to do another task, go around 7 times!"... I switched the hand that the fruit snack was in, but he was too smart for that and picked the right one that time! We continued to play that game with each boy taking turns until all the fruit snacks were gone! They were ready to sit down and be more calm! LOL  I felt pretty happy with myself that I had come up wtih a fun way to burn their energy and play with them... instead of just being annoyed at their NEVER ENDING energy! Sometimes I don't do so good with that. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment