The faces behind the stories!

The faces behind the stories!
My little Loves.

Friday, October 8, 2010

Matthew Makes Chocolate Milk...

My boys have Nesquick Chocolate Milk every morning. They would not drink "white milk"... so I caved a long time ago and let them do chocolate. This morning, Matthew wanted to help make chocolate milk. It struck my "control freak" side of myself in a bad way! I wanted to say, "No, I got it."... But, he really wanted to be a part with me... so I took a deep breath. lol Pulled the chair up to the counter, got everything we needed to make his milk, and let him scoop the chocolate in. He was so proud of himself. After he had done the scooping and I put the lid on and shook it up, I said, "Thank you for helping to make your chocolate milk Matthew."  He says, "You're welcome." .... That hit me funny because, if he only knew the struggle I had inside to LET HIM help me make his chocolate milk... it was not a "thank you" moment for me! lol

I have no idea why I get that way... but it's hard for me to let them do things when I know in advance it has great potential for a sticky mess. lol Sticky messes are a kid's best friend, I need to get over it! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment