The faces behind the stories!

The faces behind the stories!
My little Loves.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

The End of an Era...

Tomorrow marks the end of an era for the Jackson family. Our Disneyland season passes come to an end at the end of the day tomorrow. If I'm honest, I'm struggling today to not feel sad about that. When Aaron is out of town, it is an AMAZING gift to be able to bring my boys to Disneyland with NO stroller and just make them burn off all their little energy. It's so cute seeing them get giddy for a ride, and even Joe's sheer panic when I push him to face something new!  Yesterday he informed me that he DOES NOT want to go on the Ferris Wheel until he is 15! ;)

As I was walking around with them yesterday at California Adventure, I saw something that reminded me of one of the reasons a season pass is such a gift. There was a little girl, all dressed like a princess, in her stroller just crying her little eyes out. Her parents were walking, in a huff, obviously arguing with each other. I looked at them and my assumption was that they do not have season passes. Just the look on all of their faces told me they had paid top dollar for that day and they were going to get EVERYTHING they could out of it!  I was thankful. I was thankful for so many days when we were able to come over the past year and just do 2-3 rides with smiles on our faces and then go home.

This year we've had a huge change in our family. I no longer work. I'm wife, I'm mom and I'm all the things that those two positions in life bless me to be (positive self talk there! lol) That extra income used to afford us some extras that we have to be willing to let go of for the blessing of me raising our children full time at home. Our Disneyland passes are one of those extras. I'm having a struggle with the balance between being sad to see them go and being thankful... thankful that we've had them, and thankful for the reason we now can't. It should be an easy mental decision... but I'm only human and it IS, after all, the happiest place on earth! ;)

I'm blessed that wherever my boys are, it's easy to make THAT place, the happiest place on earth. They are amazing boys who have truly blessed me with their ability to love life and enjoy where they are.

Tomorrow, our family will enjoy our last day at Disneyland together! I'm so thankful Dada gets to be with us... and, I know, we WILL go again someday!... I feel like Scarlett O'Hara, "After all, Tomorrow is another day."

No comments:

Post a Comment