The faces behind the stories!

The faces behind the stories!
My little Loves.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

2 Kings 6:17...my heart's prayer.

Then Elisha prayed, "O LORD, open his eyes and let him see!" The LORD opened the young man's eyes, and when he looked up, he saw that the hillside around Elisha was filled with horses and chariots of fire.

Elisha was surrounded by an army who wanted to harm him.  When his servant looked out and saw the army, he feared. That is what provoked Elisha's prayer. Elisha could see the hillside filled with horses and chariots of fire, but the servant could not.

My prayer lately has been, "Lord, please open MY eyes."

I feel like this life is sometimes like living in a tent surrounded by an army who wants to devour me. The world is such a sinful place and it just surrounds us on all sides. There is nothing I can do about the world, but I can choose my actions. I can be as Elisha and SEE what the Lord is doing and the chariots of fire that surround me in His name, or I can be like the servant and hide away in fear.

Not only that, but I feel like sometimes I just exist. I DO NOT WANT TO JUST EXIST. I pray that the Lord opens my eyes and helps me to SEE the needs around me. Helps me to see into the hearts that just need some love. Whether I am rich or poor, have skills or not...the heart is something I can always touch with the Lord's love.

So, I pray today that I SEE!!! Lord, please open my eyes not only to see the strength that you have fully equipped with me, but to see the hurting heart and show me how to move in their lives to show them Your love. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment