The faces behind the stories!

The faces behind the stories!
My little Loves.

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Our Drive Talk...

My current Facebook Status:
So, tonight I had my boys in the car and said, "I just want to check on something...What happens if Mama dies first?"... Matthew said, "You go to Heaven and wait for us!" My 3yr old!!! I LOVE IT! I continued, "And what do YOU do?"... Joe said, "Tell people Jesus Loves them, until God thinks I'm done." I LOVE IT! =)

In Addition to it:  I have always had to fight off this unrelenting fear that I would die while my boys are young. I feared that my husband would be too busy with work to spend the little times that bring Jesus deep to their core. Maybe that they'd be too overwhelmed to give God the time in my little family's life with out me around to cultivate that. I was afraid they wouldnt' remember my love or what I've taught them this far.

At that moment tonight, in that car, when my 3 and 5 year old boys told me that I'd go to Heaven and wait for them... and they'd tell people Jesus loves them until God decided they were done... I found a peace. Sure, they are 3 and 5 and we JUST talked about all that... so, it helps them to remember... But, atleast from this morning when we talked about it until tonight when I asked again... They remembered. Now, whatever more time God allows me on this earth with them... I'll tell them over and over, "I'll wait for you" and "We will share GOd's love!"...

Wow... I'm actually sitting here with watery eyes again... I find, writing these things out and taking these moments to reflect on them, allows my emotions to have a minute to catch up to the story. During my every day life, the stories go flying by and my emotions stay tucked away as the next moment has to take place. I'm sure that will make PERFECT sense to all the moms out there!

I'm truly blessed... and if nobody ever reads what I say... I feel good seeing it written down and knowing I am God to them and they are truly God to me and we're growing with each day.

1 comment:

  1. Of course other people will read your blog. What a cute story! Your boys are so sweet! =)

    ReplyDelete