The faces behind the stories!

The faces behind the stories!
My little Loves.

Monday, November 1, 2010

Something for the Mama's in my life...


Hangin Out Sister Style...

I wanted to take a minute to share my heart with you.  I was reading in Psalms this morning and something struck me. Something made me really THINK, and I thought it would be great to share.

Psalms 145:4-9 One generation will commend your works to another; they will tell of your mighty acts. They will speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty, and I will meditate on your wonderful works. They will tell of the power of you awesome works, and I will proclaim your great deeds. They will celebrate your abundant goodness and joyfully sing of your righteousness. The Lord is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love. The Lord is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made.

What hit me was that first verse: One generation will commend your works to another. I wrote in my Bible next to that: DO IT!  We are each raising up the next generation and I just long to RISE TO THAT OCCASSION! I do not want my boys to lack in learning of the greatest of our Lord because we had too many baseball practices or too much homework, and Mama was just too tired. So, I felt challenged this morning to keep the first thing first and SHARE THE GREATNESS OF MY GOD WITH MY BOYS!!

I know, sometimes, a reminder is nice... we can get sidetracked. So, I thought I'd share. ;) You may already be doing an INCREDIBLE job at this, but I fall short when I get tired, or overscheduled, or just plain selfish and don't feel like being "teacher" at that point.  We are raising up the next generation of David who will have plenty of Goliaths to fight in this world!

Some encouragement from an unlikely source:

"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." Christopher Robin to Pooh.

I love you girls... and I pray for our generation of Mothers to RISE UP and share with our little ones the stories of the greatness of our God... they'll have PLENTY of stories coming through their ears to deny Him.... Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment