The faces behind the stories!

The faces behind the stories!
My little Loves.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I just LOVE burning candles.

I have been burning these candles for a couple of days. We have really tall ceilings and big open rooms, so I was worried we wouldn't smell them. I went outside for something, came back in and my house smelled like Fall! (whatever that smells like...apparently cinnamon and leaves!). All three of those candles were gifts and I've decided I absolutely LOVE candles as gifts, because I don't think I'd buy them for myself in effort to save money. I love the comfort of candles and just had to share! ;)

(I guess I should also share, Joe got in trouble for lying about how the candle got "turned off"... He said something accidentally bumped it and THAT is why
"the juice" got on the outside of the brown one (after this pic was taken)... The truth is, he put his finger in there and got freaked out...pulling his finger out really quickly and making wax go everywhere. Later, the cinnamon one got "turned off" by Matthew. The difference is, instead of coming up with a story, he just did it, watched it and went upstairs! lol He probably would have gotten away with it and I would have just assumed it burnt out... except, Joe saw! LOL So, Joe told me the TRUTH on that story! ha ha ha  Matthew said he just liked to see the black smoke. I've burned candles a lot and that is the first time either of them have ever "turned them off" with out asking first. Typically, I let them blow them out for me... I think I burned these just a touch too long for their blowing out patience! ha ha ha)

2 comments:

  1. I love candles too! And you're right, I don't think I have EVER bought one for myself so getting them as gifts are perfect! My only problem is I can never seem to find a good place to put them while they burn. My living spaces have never been very condusive to candle burning...lol. We got a "tart burner" for our wedding almost 9 years ago, and it is still my favorite thing to burn. I think because the flame is on the inside of the ceramic and doesn't look like it's about to jump over the top of the glass...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty funny & thankfully it wasn't a total disaster or injury! "The Juice" cracks me up, ha ha... and I'm glad you burn your candles! I usually have one burning through Fall & Winter... the only downfall is if I'm not baking & people come in smelling "apple pie", "buttercream", or "sugar cookies", etc..!

    ReplyDelete