Wednesday, November 3, 2010
I just LOVE burning candles.
I have been burning these candles for a couple of days. We have really tall ceilings and big open rooms, so I was worried we wouldn't smell them. I went outside for something, came back in and my house smelled like Fall! (whatever that smells like...apparently cinnamon and leaves!). All three of those candles were gifts and I've decided I absolutely LOVE candles as gifts, because I don't think I'd buy them for myself in effort to save money. I love the comfort of candles and just had to share! ;)
(I guess I should also share, Joe got in trouble for lying about how the candle got "turned off"... He said something accidentally bumped it and THAT is why
"the juice" got on the outside of the brown one (after this pic was taken)... The truth is, he put his finger in there and got freaked out...pulling his finger out really quickly and making wax go everywhere. Later, the cinnamon one got "turned off" by Matthew. The difference is, instead of coming up with a story, he just did it, watched it and went upstairs! lol He probably would have gotten away with it and I would have just assumed it burnt out... except, Joe saw! LOL So, Joe told me the TRUTH on that story! ha ha ha Matthew said he just liked to see the black smoke. I've burned candles a lot and that is the first time either of them have ever "turned them off" with out asking first. Typically, I let them blow them out for me... I think I burned these just a touch too long for their blowing out patience! ha ha ha)