The faces behind the stories!

The faces behind the stories!
My little Loves.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

How Proverbs 11:25 hit home for me today...

*sigh* Today has been a tough day. Joe woke up on "the wrong side of the bed," and hasn't quite recovered from it yet. When I picked him up from school, his teacher released him last because she needed to explain to me how today was NOT a good day for Joe at school. Aaron and I both had to take the time to walk Joe through discipline and lessons on respecting his elders.

Aaron has been dealing with Strep Throat. He just got back from 3 days on the road for work with strep throat. He's not feeling great, but he jumped right in with me to get Joe into shape. Then, as I sat with Joe, helping him write, "I will not talk back" over and over... Aaron started to clean my kitchen. Dishes that I had been too overwhelmed from all the sickness to tackle. Dishes that were glaring at me and making me feel less then effective in my home, yet I still couldn't bring myself to do them. He did them.

Then, as I got the kids in their beds for nap, I came to my office to read some of Proverbs. Aaron was packing up to run some errands. It didn't sound right in the garage. I knew something was up, but I had no idea what he was doing. I kind of assumed he was fixing a sprinkler or something in the yard.

As he was outside doing whatever he was doing, I was reading. I read Proverbs 11:25 (among others! lol)

A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed.

Just after reading that, my husband came walking in. His hands were covered in engine grease. I'm thinkin he fixed something on his truck, but I ask him what's up?... Turns out, there was an older lady outside who's car wouldn't start. Aaron went over because she thought she needed her car to be jumped. He brought his truck over and was going to jump start her car, when he saw that the battery had come completely disconnected. He ran in and got a tie down to secure her battery properly and reconnected the battery for her. To him, it wasn't much... but to her, he refreshed her with kindness and taking care of something that she could not have done herself.

Right now, I am praying for my husband. As he drives away to take care of errands, I pray he is refreshed. I know God's Word does not have to come to pass in OUR timing, but it says that he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed. Aaron lightened my load today and refreshed me with a clean kitchen... and then he fixed a car. If you ran into him today with a need, he'd help.

My eyes just filled with tears. (and not just because of the pink eye!)

This life is not easy, this economy is not easy, and the almost month of sickness our family has been under has not been easy... but my husband is still reaching out to refresh others and I am very thankful for him today and the kind heart God has placed in him. I am thankful for Prov 11:25 and the fact that the Lord showed me this today and helped me appreciate the man he has blessed me with...and that I now KNOW, Aaron WILL be refreshed... and I LOVE that!


No comments:

Post a Comment