The faces behind the stories!

The faces behind the stories!
My little Loves.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Growing Roots...


I've been in an interesting struggle between being very thankful and trying to fight off discouragement. When I read this verse this morning, I realized there are some roots in my life that need to grow deeper. One of the things that are difficult for me in that is, those roots are the ones that take self discipline. There are times when I have wished that someone could force me to do the things I don't naturally want to do. The two things that come to mind are: Reading my Word more, and losing weight. Both of those things take me putting in time and effort and self discipline. I lack. I want to grow those roots. I am thankful, I am so thankful for all of the blessings in my life and for the Lord who loves me as I grow. I am thankful for my little family, even when things are tough and even when I don't see the way out. I'm thankful for the struggles that are at war within me because the Bible says to

Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds,
 for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness.
 And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be
perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. (James 1:2-4)

I know I'm not alone in my struggle... but I know there are plenty of people who do FEEL alone in a struggle like mine. I feel blessed to have the ability to share where I am not strong... I do not struggle with pride in that area and I feel that is a blessing because I LOVE helping others through their struggles too. So, if you're weak like me... let's grow roots!

No comments:

Post a Comment