The faces behind the stories!

The faces behind the stories!
My little Loves.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Divine Justice

I was standing in the kitchen, working on cleaning up the dishes from the night before as Matthew sat on the couch to watch a show that he liked. He had asked me for his typical morning chocolate milk, so I took a second to make it. As I was walking away, I mentioned something about a show and he, with a grouchy rude face, made some comment back to me like, "No, you're Wrong." Now, I could have corrected that little attitude, but a moment of "Divine Justice" (that's what I'm calling it) came about. Just after he tried to be so cool and rude with his quick remark back, he brought his cup up to his mouth to try to take a drink... and it slipped and fell into his lap. I, never having gotten upset, said, "Ohhhh, Good one Slick."... And we both laughed. Now that I'm typing that out, it doesn't sound so funny... But, you had to see his face with such attitude and the way he just thought he was Mr Big Man... and the drop of a cup was a humbling blow...especially to a boy who is typically nice anyway and was just testing out the attitude moves!  Anyway, I enjoyed it and I'll enjoy the memory when I read this again in my blog book! ha ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment