The faces behind the stories!

The faces behind the stories!
My little Loves.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

We Prayed, He answered and Joe said, "Duh!"

Last night, as I tucked the boys into bed... we prayed, as we do every night. I confessed to the boys that I was not looking forward to going to church in the rain with them, and we prayed that the Lord would give us blue skies to go love Him with our friends.

This morning, we woke up to the most beautiful blue sky with puffy white joyful clouds and the sun just twinkling on all the left over drops of water.

I came downstairs, after getting ready for church, and said, "Look Joe, it's not raining!"  He looked at me and said, "Well, you did pray about that, didn't you?"... It was said with a tinge of "duh" in his tone.  I wasn't even to church yet, but I just heard a full sermon in a sentence from my 6 year old boy!

Joe, when you're older, if you ever see this... hold on to THAT faith! When we pray, and believe, and it's according to the Lord's will... IT WILL BE DONE!! Mama needed that, "Duh" from you this morning to be reminded myself. The world can try to steal that knowing, that deep gut awareness of the Lord's greatness in our lives and around our lives. DO NOT let that faith slip from your awareness because it is a strength about you and I am proud to see it growing in the core of who you are. I love you son, and I'm so proud to be your Mama!
This was actually taken yesterday, this morning there were even less clouds...but Joe and I loved this big white puffy one!

No comments:

Post a Comment