The faces behind the stories!

The faces behind the stories!
My little Loves.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

A new found LOVE!


OH MY GOODNESS! I'm on a quest for falling in love with "healthy" things, so I'm trying new recipes.  I found a recipe for "Creamy Avocado Dressing" and then toasted a piece of whole wheat bread, spread the dressing on it, sliced tomato, and sliced onion... I'm telling you, IT IS GOOD!  I know a lot of people who would love a new fun healthy snack, so I just thought I'd post it!  Here is the recipe for the Creamy Avocado Dressing!:

2 Ripe Avocados, chopped and pitted
2 Spring Onions, finely chopped (I wasn't sure what that was, but used scallion onions)
1 clove garlic, minced
water
sprinkle of sea salt
sweet lime juice
1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar*Optional (I did not use it, but they said it would make it tangier)

Prep: Chop up onions, garlic and avocado. Place in blender, then add lime juice, add water until desired creaminess, sprinkle in sea salt and any other spices you may like... Viola!

They listed it as a simple dressing for salad... but, I didn't feel like making a salad, so I used it for something else... and I'M HAPPY I did!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds yummy! Sometimes I throw avocado in with my normal balsamic vinegar and olive oil dressing...a healthy way to make a dressing creamier. - Katie

    ReplyDelete