The faces behind the stories!

The faces behind the stories!
My little Loves.

Friday, January 21, 2011

Honesting

Lately, we've had a struggle with convenient lies... The type of little lies that get the liar out of trouble, and even "better" when the trouble is deflected on to someone else. We just had one of those moments.

The boys are playing in the backyard. There is one little dirt patch that they LOVE to dig in. While digging, they put rocks into the air conditioning system outside. They both got in trouble. About a half hour later, Matthew came in to me and said, "Mama, Joe put Rocks into your thing and I'm not lying."  (I should have known by the "and I'm not lying" but I forgot who I was dealing with for a minute!)... I got outside and walked up to Joe, with my "Mama Tool" (aka: spoon) in hand. I said, "Joe, honesty is one of the most important things in our home."  He cut me off and said, "I AM HONESTING, MATTHEW DID IT!"

I looked at Matthew, who quickly took a step away from my tool.  He had lied, and lied in a way that deflected the blame onto Joe. I AM thankful that Joe is coming to learn that it is better to tell the truth. Especially when I remind him of that as we start our conversation... he's starting to "give it up."

But, my reason for the blog was Joe saying, "I AM HONESTING!"  I thought that was SO cute! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment