The faces behind the stories!

The faces behind the stories!
My little Loves.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Gentleman and a Proud Mama...

I had a proud Mama moment this morning. I stayed in my car and watched Joe walk through a gate to get into his class. As he got to the gate, there was a lady with a huge stroller who couldn't fit. With out me there to nudge him, he stopped and pushed with all his might to make sure it was open enough for her. My heart was melted in an instant. My boy is a gentleman and I couldn't be more proud. I sat there and thanked the Lord that He gave me that moment to see our little creation growing into his destiny as a man of character.

Something came to my mind: Train up a child in the way he should go and he will not depart from it...I hadn't thought about that in this respect before. I always thought about it as, "Teach him about the Lord and he'll stay with the Lord." To "train him up" means so much more than that.

A glimpse of the man he's to be and a proud moment for a mom. Small victories get me through the big behavioral battles! I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment