The faces behind the stories!

The faces behind the stories!
My little Loves.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

My Proud Moment...

The other day, we had a play date with a friend... Park in the morning and Chick-Fil-A for lunch. I hadn't snuck in very much exercise yet, and I was REALLY trying to hit a personal weight loss goal (which I did today! I was once 265lb...today, I am 199!!!)... Anyway... We left our friends, and I drove my car to the furthest end of an outdoor shopping place. There was industrial area and shopping, and I drove it first to make sure there was a sidewalk the whole way. I parked that car, whipped out that double stroller and away we went! I walked back and forth on that sidewalk for an hour and my boys were awesome! (Their Leapster Explorer games help with that A LOT) When I felt like I had gotten enough walking in, I took them to the pet store where we got to see a lot of different animals. Joe said, "Mama, I'm ready to get a pet now, is it time?" So cute! We can't have pets in this rental house, so he's decided he wants a new house! (What he doesn't know is, we're moving to my parent's property in four months...I KNOW he can talk Grandma and Pop into allowing "a pet")

When we left the pet store, we walked past a Kaiser facility that had great landscaping. I decided to make some fun of it. We pulled the stroller over, I brought out our snack bag, and we had a picnic at Kaiser! When we were done with snacks, the boys enjoyed playing on the rocks and climbing in the tree.

I was proud of myself. My boys were having fun and I had snuck in a workout. There are so many days when I haven't made the day that fun or that healthy, and I get to the end of the day and just feel a bit sad for a wasted opportunity of a day... Not this day... this day, I was awesome! ha ha ha

I'm SO thankful that they are both so entertained by their Leapster Explorers... Those things have allowed me a lot of work out time with out a lot of whining! That, is a beautiful thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment