The faces behind the stories!

The faces behind the stories!
My little Loves.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Things They Say...



I've really been enjoying hearing the little things the boys come up with. I thought I'd put together a little list of the recent verbal pleasures I've experienced!

* The other day, Joe had spilled his water on the table clothe during dinner. After Joe had left, Matthew walked over to Joe's seat and sat down. He saw the wet table clothe and said, "This is Joe's spit I presume?" Oh my goodness. I said, "YOU PRESUME???" He smiled in victory of having used a new word. He picked it up from "Mega-Mind"... I'm just thankful he tends to pick up healthy new vocabulary and not the more colorful type that is sometimes displayed in movies!

* While Joe was at school, I was walking through the grocery store with Matthew. In the middle of an aisle, he said, "Mama, I wish I could see God right now so I could play with him and maybe pillow fight." I smiled and told him, "God would LOVE that Matthew, because you're very special to Him." He sat in a smiley faced thought.

* The other morning, the boys were sitting at the table having breakfast. Matthew got a bit too rowdy and threw his thermos cup down. Unfortunately, it hit the bottom of my piano (Luckily, no damage done). I had been in the kitchen getting Joe's backpack ready and walked into the dining room. I bent over between the piano and Matthew and expressed to him how precious it is to me. It was a gift from my grandparents when I was 8 years old and it helps me to play music to tell Jesus I love Him. My eyes got watery (kind of with intention), and I looked at them both and asked them to please treasure my piano and treat it as my most precious thing. Joe sat in thought for just a second, and then said, "Mama, our lives are most precious." I smiled and said, "You guy and our family ARE my most precious people and loves... the piano is just a "thing" but it is my most precious thing." He seemed to take that answer OK. :)

* Matthew has really been into trying out his new sayings... I put some cereal he really likes in the cart and he picked it up and said, "SERIOUSLY MAMA?.... SERIOUSLY?" :).... Another instance, I heard the boys playing and Matthew getting frustrated with Joe. All of the sudden I hear, "Joe, you have left me no choice!" I sat, on the other side of the wall from them, smiling at my little guy who's brain is growing so much.

OK, Last One!

* I was driving home from bringing Joe to school, and Matthew and I were enjoying a rainy morning. He said, "Mama, it sure was nice that God gave us a shower today, because he knew that bird poop on my window was bothering me."  Ha ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment