The faces behind the stories!

The faces behind the stories!
My little Loves.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Our Journey to Healthier Foods...

On my journey to learning how to be healthier... My family gets some fun adventures too! This time, it was french fries made with Butternut Squash. I had THE BEST of intentions and a great recipe on this one. The only problem is, it turned out to be french fry MOOSH! lol I've gotten a few additional pointers from friends, and I'll eventually try this again. After all the thought that went into planning that night (I went out and bought that dumb fry maker and had hamburgers for my guys etc etc)... to have it not turn out to the wonderful plan I had in mind... BUMMER!  So, I told the boys (who are not afraid to tell me when one of our new health food adventures are not their favorites), I wont be doing that again, but I appreciate them trying it! :) I also tried a healthier version of a cupcake (dry cake mix, mixed with a can of pumpkin instead of the oil/butter) and they love that... So, it wasn't all a loss!

No comments:

Post a Comment