The faces behind the stories!

The faces behind the stories!
My little Loves.

Saturday, April 30, 2011

"What does Overwhelm mean?"...

1st Day Joe ever wore Flip Flops!

The other night, Joe was SO SAD that Aaron was gone. He wanted him to pray with him before bed (and we couldn't call cuz his job was too loud to hear anything)... Joe was just tore up and I prayed. I prayed, "Lord, please overwhelm our house with peace tonight.".... When I was done with the prayer, he said, "Mama, what does overwhelm mean?"... I told him, "Well, if you are super frustrated, God can just sweep through your body and wipe all of that away and make you have peace." My poor boy burst into an uncontrollable cry and said, "Can you pray that for me?" Awwwww. So, I said, "Well Joe...I would love to, but I also think it would be great for you to talk to God about your heart on your own sometimes too, so hold my hand and you ask God for what you want." He held my hand and through tears asked God to overwhelm him with peace. ;);) So sweet.

Typically, Aaron or I do the nighttime prayer, but I've been having Joe take his own turns to be in charge of the prayers. At first, he thanked God for dinner. ;) That was the only time they had been in charge of prayer, so that had that down! lol Last night, I told him, "Mama's throat hurts so I can't talk well...would you like to pray tonight?"... He grabbed my hand, and with out me telling him what to pray for at all... He asked the Lord to heal Mama and make her better, and he asked the Lord to help Dada drive safely home today... He thanked him for our fun day and for the great sleep we would have. I was so impressed with him. When he said Amen, I rubbed his forehead and told him, "Wow buddy, you have really gotten good at talking to God." He smiled this proud smile that was so sweet!

If my boys getting bigger means I get to see their own depth in the Lord grow, then I'm not so sad to see them grow... I stand in awe of my God who loves us all so much, he woo's our hearts and makes it so easy for us to love Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment