The faces behind the stories!

The faces behind the stories!
My little Loves.

Friday, April 15, 2011

Spring Break in Sonoma!

The boys and I got to take a trip up to visit my family in Sonoma for Spring Break. At the end of our 10 day trip and 90 miles into our drive home, we got a call from Dada that he was headed up north. So, we turned around and got to continue our vacation with Dada in Sonoma!  Here are some fun pictures from our adventures!
Me and my handsome fellas.

Matthew REALLY wanted Dada to ride bikes with him!

Meme brought Joe a cake again... yes, a whole cake!

Matthew LOVED sharing the cake!

The kids used the red cups for a water fight!

Me and Meme...I love our times of getting together with her!

Dada brought his trailer and busted out the screen for a night time outdoor movie for the kids!

Joe's face painting from Matthew's birthday party!

I love this man, and I love this view!

Aunti Christina made Matthew's "Turtle Cake"..."fire shoes" and all! SO great!

Christina also made a cake for cousin Abe, who turned 2 while we were visiting!!

Matthew, in deep conversation with his Great Grandpa Don.

"Cubby GG" holding our newest cousin Ronan...and Mr Lips sharing a kiss!
We had a great time... So many adventures. Matthew's Birthday, Abel's Birthday, Mama sang at church, Joe got to walk from my friend Katie's house to his friend Ben's school where we all picked him up from Kindergarten... for a 6yr old, that is PRETTY cool stuff! He also got to have a sleep over at his cousin's house down the street!! 

There is one thing that hit my heart very hard when I was in Sonoma this time. I was taking my boys for a walk down the road to visit their cousins, and it hit me like a ton of bricks. Sometimes it's hard for me to be thankful for all the time that Aaron has to be away for work. On that day, with the breeze blowing, the sun shinning, my boys laughing, and me able to be with them with out concern of work... I was VERY thankful. I sent my husband a txt to thank him for all the work he does, so the boys and I can enjoy moments like that.  I'm SO thankful for the opportunity to travel to see my family and to just play with my boys and enjoy time with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment