The faces behind the stories!

The faces behind the stories!
My little Loves.

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Joe & The Newt...

Joe was so cute this morning. He went outside before school to bounce his Tennis ball against the wall "Wall Ball." (it's a great new joy, thump, thump, thump... lol)... I'm glad he's going outside to do something that uses energy though!

Anyway... THIS morning, he went out the back door, only to come RUNNING back in exclaiming, "MAMA, MAMA, You HAVE TO come outside NOW! There is one of those red belly lizard things!"

ha ha ha... A newt was walking around in the backyard. Joe was SO excited and looked to me for the "ok" to touch it. I told him it was safe, they don't bite, they walk really slow, but they are delicate and he needs to be gentle. He was more than happy to swoop it right up!

I love these photos. I love the joy he has in exploring, I love that his hands still say "little boy"... as I know that is a treasure that will soon be gone. I love that it's me he still runs to, to share his finds... I know that can also change as the "too cool" years come and friends take over that place.

I just loved this:









No comments:

Post a Comment