The faces behind the stories!

The faces behind the stories!
My little Loves.

Sunday, August 7, 2011

I left a box open...Joe tried to help. :)

Tape, it's something I only have one roll of, and I have asked Joe to leave it alone. He tends to go into my desk drawer and just take it whenever he wants and it DRIVES ME NUTS! Here's the part that I realize is...well, dumb: I COULD BUY MORE! Ha ha ha My son is creative, it helps him to calm his brain when he gets to create, but here I am flippin my lid over a roll of tape that he wants to use! What a nerd! LOL (Shhh, don't tell them I used the word Dumb or Nerd!)

So anyway, I was packing and left this box sitting in the play room, waiting for a few more pieces to be added in. When I came back, I saw this. My sweet son had gone in and gotten my tape to try to help me. My first reaction was to get upset that he "took my tape" again... I'm so glad that I had a second to breath before I saw his sweet little round, "I'm about to grow: chubby" face looking at me. He had these eyes that said, "My love language is Acts of Service and I really love you, don't you love it?"... I was able to notice the sweetness in that little face and thank him for making the effort to try to help Mama as I get us ready for our big move to the Top Of California. :)

As I walked away with a smile on my face, and one on Joe's... I thanked the Lord. I thanked Him for helping me to see my son through HIS eyes in that moment. For helping me to get past my selfish self and see the heart of a boy who is so often tender, but not understood because of all of the energy he presents his tenderness with. I love my son. I love my son incredibly and I'm so thankful for his little heart that just wants to help his mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment