The faces behind the stories!

The faces behind the stories!
My little Loves.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A Piece of Advice...

I just gave a friend a piece of advice when someone had spread a rumor she was unhappy about. I want to add the advice I gave her to my blog for my boys to read in the future.
Boys... When someone does you wrong, or speaks ill against you, it's not always best to go on the attack to "fix it." Sometimes it's best to take a deep breath and know the Holy Spirit is much stronger than their tongue or their words; and He is forever at bat for you. Before you act, stop... breath... think... pray... then call me or Dad and ask if what you're thinking about doing is wise! LOL

Here's the advice... I'd say "take it or leave it" but you're my sons and I'm telling you to take it!

I read something recently that I loved... "You don't have to attend every argument you're invited to." Revolutionary. Let the mouth be the mouth and let the truth speak for itself... cuz you don't want to be a mouth too! ;)  Not sure if that applies to your current situation, but it's good truth either way! :)

Inevitably, you'll jump before thinking more times than you'll like to talk about through out life... and we'll still love ya, but the more you learn to wait, pray, think and call me to see if it's wise, the less foot eating you'll do or guilt that you'll feel. It's truth, but just as you touched the Electrical Fence yesterday (Joe)... you'll test it. Good luck with that. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment