The faces behind the stories!

The faces behind the stories!
My little Loves.

Monday, June 2, 2014

My Dad(s)...

Matthew said something on the way to school today that melted my heart. As soon as I dropped him off, I picked up my phone and did the voice recording thing so I would not forget to write it out in here! It goes something like this:

Matthew: Mama
Me: Yes Buddy?
Matthew: Is your first dad God?
Me: Yep
Matthew: and your second dad is Pop?
Me: Yep
Matthew: So, our first dad is God and our second dad is the one we hug when we pray at night before bed?
Me: Yes buddy.

Awwwwwwwww.
My little tender hearted buddy. His heart gets BROKEN if he doesn't get a hug, we can't ever forget. Joe will get mad when he is in trouble, oh boy does he have "the look" when he's been in trouble (and he knows it, this is no big secret)... but Matthew, after a spankin, will say: can I have a hug?

I'm thankful for "two dads" and a hugger.

No comments:

Post a Comment