The faces behind the stories!

The faces behind the stories!
My little Loves.

Friday, March 2, 2012

The Boy with the Issue of Spit...

Joe's spitting...

I'm always being reminded of the Lord and His relationship with me through my boys.

The other day, I had a plan in mind to take the boys to Chuck-E-Cheese's. During the morning, Joe decided it was a good idea to spit... and this had been a bit of an issue with him, so I knew I needed NOT to give him something fun like Chuck-E-Cheese's. I had a talk with him about it and let him know that I can't bring him somewhere that is a treat when he has not had the behavior to earn that good time. Of course, he was crushed (and displayed more behavior that wouldn't have earned it! lol)

When that moment with Joe was over, I thought. How many times has the Lord had something in mind for me that would BLOW MY MIND, but for one reason or another... I didn't choose His way and I Completely missed out. Sometimes, I'm sure it's a real blessing that I'm ignorant to it... or I might display behavior undeserving of a "treat" too! Ha ha It made me stop and think though... think about taking the time to know the Lord, to hear the Lord and to be patient for His direction in my life so that I can make it to Chuck-E-Cheese's and all the other great things He has in store for my life!

I know it's not always about us deserving it... but choosing His way for our life means so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment